Dental crowns are a cosmetic dental service often used to preserve damaged teeth so that they can continue working as intended without the need for extractions. As with most forms of cosmetic dentistry, you must care for your dental crowns as you would normally care for your teeth and gums. Always maintain adequate oral hygiene with everyday oral health habits including brushing twice daily and flossing once daily. So how can dental crowns reverse your frowns? Just consider the following benefits a dental crown can provide:
- If you suffer from weak teeth or have teeth that are especially vulnerable, dental crowns can help prevent further cracking, chipping, or fraying.
- Over time, teeth can wear down from decay, or from grinding your teeth as the result of disorders such as bruxism. Dental crowns can help prevent further wear or decay from occurring.
- Dental crowns can hold together bits of broken or fractured teeth.
- Dental crowns are an excellent choice for concealing and further protecting various other dental services you may have had such as dental bridges, fillings, dental implants, or root canals.
- If you have any teeth with irregularities in their shape, size, color, curvature, fit, or alignment, it may be possible to enhance them with dental crowns.
- Dental crowns can offer cosmetic enhancements such as improving or concealing the look of unsightly teeth.
Dr. Melissa Ravago and our team here at Ravago Dental look forward to improving your smile for many years to come. If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns, you can schedule an oral exam by contacting us at 505.292.6414 . Our office is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We look forward to helping you soon!