Your smile deserves the best of care and attention so it can continue doing the wonderful job it is designed for, for as long as it can. The less we care and maintain our smile, the more likely it is to fail us quickly. If you practice safe and effective oral hygiene against all risks, large and small, the chances for a healthy and safe smile are much more likely.
Keep your smile safe and healthy from oral accidents. Here are some daily risks that can put your teeth and gums in danger:
– Giant pieces of hard candy or foodstuffs can destroy your teeth. Limit risks with all hard food products.
– Smoking or chewing tobacco can stain your teeth, significantly elevate your chance for gum disease, and promote tooth decay.
– Although chewing on ice may seem safe and healthy as it is only frozen water, the reality is that you can easily damage your teeth on ice cubes.
– Try to avoid sugary drinks and foods. Bacteria can build up on your teeth in a layer called plaque, which can alter the sugars from foods and drinks into harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel and cause cavities.
– Never use your teeth to open soda cans or bottles. Doing so can damage your teeth very easily.
If you need a professional cleaning at Ravago Dental, schedule an appointment with Dr. Melissa Ravago, by calling our office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We can be reached at 505.292.6414 . We remain committed to keeping your smile amazing for many years to come.